Sunday, July 12, 2009

Five Points Restaurant 07/03/09

I love a good omelet. I have been kicking around this town trying to find a good one. You know the ones at Waffle House and Huddle House are filling and pretty decent, but sometimes, they don't know what "old fashioned" means and they give me one of those whipped up jobs.
Sometimes the coffee is burnt tasting. And I like my omelet with a good cup o' joe. Sometimes (at Waffle House) they have Tabasco instead of Texas Pete! Yuck. That stuff tastes like nothing but spicy vinegar. If I go to Mayfel's, I wind up with some hoity-toity vegetable in my omelet.
I'm really a ham & cheese man. Anyways, I suppose I've been on a quest for the perfect omelet breakfast.

The quest has ended with the Five Points Restaurant. I had the best omelet experience in Asheville and they had good coffee and Texas Pete. I won't bore you too much with details, but they serve up a hefty 3 egg omelet with biscuit or toast and grits or potatoes for around $6. And I must tell you about the potatoes... These aren't hash browns or even their lackluster cousin, home fries. I'm talking refried mashed potatoes. Just like my grandma used to make. Delicious!

If you're in the Monford area before 11:00 AM, you owe it to yourself to try out the Five Points Restaurant.

***** Five Asterisks

Five Points Restaurant
258 Broadway St Asheville, NC (828) 252-8030

Five Points Restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Try the Five Points GYRO platter...the best in Asheville we have tried!

    ReplyDelete