Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sadie's Seafood Pub 06/30/09

This place sort of popped up all in the sudden and I had been meaning to try it for a few weeks before I finally did. I went in there again today for lunch. First a few words on atmosphere: they have a huge TV on the wall. I hate that. I feel that TVs in restaurants are a hindrance to polite dinner conversation. Also, they have a weird mix of tasteful decor and digitally printed banners featuring seafood dishes and pics of the family dog - Sadie, perhaps? I dunno, but don't put up fine art and trashy digital prints of food on the same wall.

OK, so about the food...it's a good value. You can get in & out for around $10! They have beer on tap! The portions are a little smaller than the Kmart shopping center buffet places, but they aren't bad. More like the FDA recommended daily allowance type portions. I've had the scallop & cod platter there and it was plenty filling. They also fill you up with hush puppies. Today I had a crab cake sandwich. They bake the bread fresh, which is nice, but I guess I'm used to Baltimore crab cakes, so this seemed a little bland. Still, it was cheap.

*** three asterisks

Sadie's Seafood Pub
54 Patton Ave., Asheville, NC - (828) 505-3364

No comments:

Post a Comment