Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mayfel's 06/28/09

I've actually eaten at Mayfel's many a time, I'm just now getting around to writing it up. I somewhat jokingly refer to it as the "Tupelo Honey Overflow Room" because on Sundays you can get into Mayfel's within 15 minutes of getting in line, but Tupelo Honey has a 45 minute wait. I still haven't tried Tupelo Honey for that reason. I don't got 45 minutes to listen to my tummy grumble.

So the downside to Mayfel's is that the only Omelet you're gonna get is the one that is on special and it almost always has something crazy in it - kale, avacado, endive...something I consider not very wholesome for a filling breakfast. On this particular Sunday morning, it was an onion, bacon & avocado omelet, which I decided I could live with. I suppose if I'd wanted ham & cheese, I'd have been at the Huddle House anyways. It turned out to be a tasty omelet. The home fries are a bit on the dry side and could use a little seasoning, but overall it was worth the money: around $9, I guess. You can people watch uptown, too, so I suppose you're also paying for scenery.

Last week I had lunch there and ordered a catfish po-boy, which left me a po-boy afterwards.

I like Mayfel's and will eat there again but they could perhaps come down a bit on the prices or go up a bit on the tastiness of their cuisine.

*** three asterisks

Mayfel's
22 College St Asheville, NC 28801-2803 - (828) 252-8840

No comments:

Post a Comment