Friday, May 1, 2009

JK's Kitchen 04/25/09

I eat at JK's about once every other week. The place is within walking distance from my apartment, so it's just convenient and I like breakfast food. It's a nice little "Greek & three" place with pretty much your standard fare for a Southern diner on the menu. I think it's kind of cute that they have mismatched coffee cups on every table.

I always get an omelet - either ham & cheese or sausage & cheese, depending on my mood. It comes with a choice of grits or home fries and toast or biscuits. I always have home fries and toast. My son has had both the pancakes and the waffle while dining with me. I've never been to JK's for any meal but breakfast, but their lunch menu doesn't look like it would blow me away. I think they close after lunch.

Overall, JK's is not spectacular, but it's a nice family joint to go for breakfast if you're in South Asheville one morning. I think you can feed 3 people for under $25, so it's a good value.


**** four asterisks

JK's Kitchen
6 Long Shoals Rd Arden, NC 28704 (828) 505-1957

No comments:

Post a Comment