Thursday, January 22, 2009

Black Forest Restaurant 01/11/09

Since friends were in town, I decided to go someplace reasonably fancy for supper. I was also trying to accommodate my friend's lack of adventure in dining, while entertaining his wife's enthusiasm for new experiences. I thought perhaps German food was the best of both worlds.

The restaurant is well lit, but the decor is dark. I'm not complaining, though. It's typical Alpine motif let's you know what kind of place you're in. I decided to have a beer with dinner, even though I really don't care for German beer. I went with the pork wiener schnitzel. I thought the price was a bit steep, but when it arrived, there were two breaded pork cutlets that more than made up for the price. It was served with sauerkraut, German potato salad, spaetzle, and red cabbage.

My friend decided just to go with a New York Strip, which he claims he doesn't normally like, but he wound up enjoying. His wife had the schnitzel, same as me, so I can't comment on anything else. I'd come back, I suppose, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I might be.

**** four asterisks

Black Forest Restaurant

2155 Hendersonville Rd - 828-687-7980

No comments:

Post a Comment