Monday, January 5, 2009

Doc Chey's Noodle House 1/5/09

OK, so I frequent Doc Chey's. It was the first place I really tried when I first moved to Asheville, and I guess I liked it a lot because I eat there about once every 2 weeks at least. I typically order the same thing: Pad Thai with Chicken and Tofu (that's a little extra because you're supposed to pick one, but I like both). One time I did try the Tomato Ginger Noodle Bowl, but I guess it just wasn't the Pad Thai to me. It wasn't bad, though. Anyways, the staff are really friendly at Doc Chey's. I'm sure it could be considered a romantic atmosphere; it's dark with some subdued lighting. It's also very noisy, however, because it is a small room and they have a lot of people in there. Prepare to wait if you are eating in. I usually eat at the bar to expedite being served.

Oh, another thing: they have really interesting iced teas. Inquire about that. It's something different every time. Tonight I had a caramel apple tea. I also ordered a beer. They have a decent beer list that contains some of the local microbrews. I ordered a Highland Oatmeal Porter. I drank my beer, enjoyed my Pad Thai and my tea and I got out of there for ~$14 with a tip.

I feel compelled to mention that someone told me Doc Chey's is a chain. It is not a national chain, but it is also not exclusive to Asheville. I don't make it a habit to eat at chain restaurants, but regional chains can be excepted.

**** four Asterisks

Doc Chey's Noodle House

37 Biltmore Ave. Asheville, NC - (828)252-8220

Modesto on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment